1 oz Canadian Silver Maple Leafs
Special offer: Only 15% over market
Tavex is pleased to present the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin, the world’s first legal tender silver bullion coin to be made exclusively of .9999 fine silver. Introduced to the market in 1988 by the Royal Canadian Mint, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is an almost identical, yet more affordable, replica of its gold counterpart, the Canadian Maple Leaf gold coin.
From 2014 onwards, these elegant silver coins contain a micro-engraved mark, a new security feature to further enhance its acceptance and exchangeability. Any investor who is keen on adding physical silver to his portfolio should seriously considered this beautiful Canadian coin.
- Silver Maple Leafs track the price of silver. The value of Canadian Silver Maple Leafs is primarily determined by their fine silver content which is linked to the prevailing price of silver.
- The price of Silver Maple Leaf coins will rise with inflation. Silver has proven itself throughout history to be a great asset in times of high inflation, appreciating faster and higher than most other investments!
- Silver Maple Leaf coins are sold with low premiums. Thanks to the Royal Canadian Mint’s efficiency, the cost of production has been minimized, meaning that you as an investor will save money by paying a lower premium when buying Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins.
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins are money. Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins are legal tender in Canada and are accepted and exchanged as such over large parts of the world.
- The Silver Maple Leaf coin is liquid and internationally recognized. In continuous production for 26 years and by portraying the effigy of the most powerful and longest serving queen in the 20th century, Queen Elizabeth II, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is a household name in the global silver market.
- This coin is .9999 pure silver. Silver Maple Leaf coins are a great way to get this precious white metal in your hands.
- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins are the equivalent of savings. The historical low price of silver compared to gold makes it an ideal investment either for investors who wish to invest smaller amounts or for those who believe they are getting more precious metal for their “buck”, in anticipation of a steeper appreciation of the price of silver compared with gold.
- Silver Maple Leafs have added security. They are the first silver coins in the world to contain unique anti-counterfeiting security features that guarantee the coins’ authenticity.
The price of Canadian Silver Maple Leafs is determined by their .9999 fine silver content
By witnessing the success of its flagship coin, the Gold Maple Leaf, the Canadian Mint introduced in 1988 the Silver Maple Leaf coin. Although not the first legal tender coin to contain one ounce of silver, a title held by the American Silver Eagle and Chinese Silver Panda coin, it was the first to contain a silver purity of 99.99%. In recent years, other renowned government mints have issued their own legal tender one-ounce silver coins, for instance the Austrian Mint with the Silver Philharmonic, or the Perth Mint with the Silver Kookaburra, but in contrast to the Maple Leaf’s purity of four nines they all contain one nine fewer. To this date, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is the world’s only legal tender coin to have such peerless purity.
The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is minted by the Royal Canadian Mint
Established in 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has during the past couple of decades been one of the market leaders in applying new technologies in the production of silver and gold bullion coins. Not only did it create the first legal tender silver and gold bullion coins that contained a purity of four nines, it also made the first .99999 (five nines) fine gold bullion coin in 2007, named the Howling Wolf. But the mint’s quest in perfecting high purity silver and gold coins did not stop at the one ounce weight mark. In fact, it reached new heights in 2007 by unveiling a Gold Maple Leaf coin that weighed 100 kilograms, had a gold purity of .99999, and came with a face value of one million Canadian dollars!
The value of Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins is protected by the Royal Canadian Mint’s technology
In 2014 the Royal Canadian Mint set a new standard in coin security with the introduction of its latest innovation called “Bullion DNA Anti-Counterfeiting Technology” which includes a process where a unique microscopic security mark is minted onto every coin. The centre of the security mark contains the number “14” (for the year 2014) and is only visible under strong magnification. This new technology adds another layer of protection against counterfeiting and all Silver Maple Leaf coins minted from 2014 onwards will contain this new security feature. But the innovation does not stop there, as all Silver Maple Leaf coins minted from 2014 onwards will also have another cutting-edge security feature whereby their surface will be engraved with micron-sized radial lines. The lines will create a unique light diffracting pattern that will ensure the authenticity and characteristic look of the coins.
|Nominal value||Dimensions||Fineness||Product weight in grams||Silver weight in grams||Silver weight in Troy ounces|
|5 dollars||38.00 mm||999||31.13461 g||31.10347g||1|
The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf scoin was introduced in 1988 and has since then been in continuous production. The Royal Canadian Mint is responsible for the production of the coins.
Obverse: The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Canada’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Canada has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is her name “ELIZABETH II” and inscribed at the bottom of the coin is its nominal face value of 5 dollars and the year of mintage.
Reverse: The reverse shows Canada’s national symbol, the Maple Leaf, and above it is the text “CANADA”. On each side of the Maple Leaf four nines are visible, and engraved underneath is the tiny security mark and likewise the text “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR”, where the later part of the sentence means “1 ounce of pure silver”.
Purity: The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin contains 1 ounce of .9999 fine silver. This means that the coin is exclusively made of pure silver.
Packaging: Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule. Multiples of 25 are available in original mint-sealed tubes. For bulk purshases, we stock original Royal Canadian Mint sealed boxes which contain 20 tubes with twenty-five Silver Maples to a tube (500 coins in total).
When placing an order through our online shop, you can choose to have the products delivered to your local post office or to collect them in person at one of our offices in Stockholm.
Delivery by PostNord: all orders are fully insured and trackable. The package is shipped the same day after we receive your payment and will arrive to your local post office within 1-3 working days.
Self pick-up: you are welcome to come and collect your products at one of our offices in Stockholm the same day we notify you that we have received your payment.